Elder Gandy's Address in Japan

ELDER DANIEL GANDY
KITA 2 JO NISHI 24 CHOME 1-25
CHUO-KU, SAPPORO-SHI, HOKKAIDO
064-0822 JAPAN



Elder Daniel Gandy

Elder Daniel Gandy

Sunday, October 30, 2011

October 31, 2011

Dear Family,

So I`m now 21 years old. It`s a weird feeling. So on my birthday I did a little bit, because on Sunday we had stake conference and so we left on my birthday to Sapporo and went with the bishop. We had a good time in the car. When we got to Sapporo we got to go on splits with the missionaries there and that was fun and an elder in the apartment is well known for his amazing cooking and so he made yakisoba for my birthday and it was very delicious. Other than that a lot of people told me happy birthday and the day before my birthday we had a meeting with the mission leader and the sisters bought a cake and everyone sang happy birthday. So that was fun. Bytheway Happy Halloween. They don`t really celebrate it here in Japan. The church did do a Halloween party last tuesday and that was fun. That was to the extent that I`ve seen Halloween done here. We also had some great finding this last week. This last week we met a lady that is 100% Ainu and it is my first time meeting an Ainu. Her son is half, but they know the Ainu language and we taught them about the gospel. They were very nice and very willing to listen to the message. They have a lot of interest and I`m excited to work with them. It was amazing meeting with them. To be honest, before going and meeting them I was feeling kind of down, but I felt like God lifted my spirit from their visit. God really does help us when we struggle and will give us what we need to get back on our feet. I know Heavenly Father truly loves us. I love you all very much.
Love

Elder Daniel Gandy

No comments:

Post a Comment