Elder Gandy's Address in Japan

ELDER DANIEL GANDY
KITA 2 JO NISHI 24 CHOME 1-25
CHUO-KU, SAPPORO-SHI, HOKKAIDO
064-0822 JAPAN



Elder Daniel Gandy

Elder Daniel Gandy

Monday, June 28, 2010

June 27, 2010

Dear Family

This last week was the beginning of the transfer and I`m in Obihiro, but my companion is Elder Christensen, and another cool thing is that my MTC companion Elder Butler is in the same apartment with us. It`s been fun seeing how he`s been doing. Things are going great here and it`s actually been pretty hot. About 2 days ago Hokkaido had the hottest weather in Japan, which is crazy, because it`s suppose to be the coldest part. It was about 36 C and it was a really hot day. Oh... by the way mom the song I sang was called One Voice and it`s on the Stand in the Light Efy CD. I believe someone has it at home. It was in english also. I`m glad that you got the pictures I sent you. So things are going well here and this P-day I`m on exchanges with Elder Butler, because the zone leaders had to switch their P-day for something and our companions are the zone leaders. So I get to be Elder Butler`s companion again for a day or so. Missionary life has been great and I love it. Yesterday we visited a less active member that me and Elder Todd visited when I first came to the field. It was fun talking with them and they were surprised that I remembered where they lived. We had actually planned to visit another person, but they weren`t home, but I all of a sudden recognized the apartment and visited. It was amazing talking with them and it was crazy that they had all the scripture masteries memorized. It took us by surprised, but the thing was that she wasn`t applying the things they knew. It`s interesting to think how much we read the scriptures, but don`t really apply them to our lives. Scriptures can help us and only through applying what we learn from them, then we can grow and become better. So I would highly suggest that all of you read your scriptures, but also try to apply at least one thing from them each day and use what you learn, and I`m sure that scripture study will have more meaning to you. I love you all very much and keep up the Gandy spirit back there. Gandy people are amazing people from what I hear. Take care of yourselves.

Love
Elder Gandy

No comments:

Post a Comment