Elder Gandy's Address in Japan

ELDER DANIEL GANDY
KITA 2 JO NISHI 24 CHOME 1-25
CHUO-KU, SAPPORO-SHI, HOKKAIDO
064-0822 JAPAN



Elder Daniel Gandy

Elder Daniel Gandy

Sunday, June 13, 2010

June 13, 2010

Dear Family

Things are going great here and I`m still learning a lot. I`ve been enjoying the food here, and trying new things. I`ve eaten a lot of curry when I think about it, but that`s okay, because I love curry. The weather has actually gotten pretty hot here already and we are allowed to where just white shirts on days that are hot. The language has been fun, and I actually had a funny experience the other day when teaching a lesson with a man on the street. We were talking about baptism and I was testifying about my experience with baptism. What I was trying to say in Japanese was After baptism I felt a wonderful pure feeling, but instead of saying pure I said I felt a wonderful gross feeling. After I said that my companion and the man looked at me with funny faces and then I realized what I said and corrected myself. It was pretty funny. So far mission life has been going well and I have been having many good experiences. I am truly learning to rely on the Lord and do what I can. It has been incredible to feel the Lord so much in my life and knowing that he is working with me. I`m so glad to be here right now. I love you all so very much and hope things continue to go well for all of you.

Love

Elder Gandy

No comments:

Post a Comment