Elder Gandy's Address in Japan

ELDER DANIEL GANDY
KITA 2 JO NISHI 24 CHOME 1-25
CHUO-KU, SAPPORO-SHI, HOKKAIDO
064-0822 JAPAN



Elder Daniel Gandy

Elder Daniel Gandy

Monday, August 1, 2011

July 31, 2011

Dear Family,

I hope you all had a great Pioneer day last week and it sounds like
everyone is doing fun things. Things are going really well here. So to
first answer questions that mom asked last week. So being a zone
leader has been a fun experience and we have done a lot of exchanges
with the missionaries in our zone. They have been really fun. We also
have district meetings every week except for when we have zone
conferences which is once a transfer. Last week we got to see a huge
field of flowers and especially lavendar flowers. It`s one of the
really famous places here in hokkaido. I took some pictures, but I
forgot somethings to put the pictures in this email, so I`ll probably
send them next week if I remember. Then I did my first workshop as a
zone leader at zone conference and that went well. I also had an
interesting experience this past week. I was on exchanges with one of
the assistants of the president and while streeting we meet some kids
taking pictures for a contest that is nationwide I think or that all
of Japan thing for high schoolers. They get a theme each day and have
to take a picture to that theme. The theme was like (encounter or
meeting) I don`t know the direct translation, but they asked to take
our picture. So they did and then a couple days later I heard from a
member that they saw that picture on the internet. I guess the picture
appeared in the contest and was actually nominated. So people all
around Japan are seeing the picture. The member that found out about
me gave me the web address and it is
http://town.higashikawa.hokkaido.jp/phototown/koshienofficial/2011/judge/1st/11/index.htm.
So mom you could probably show the Japanese students and mayor when
they come if you like and tell them what I`m doing if you like. It was
pretty crazy to hear when I first heard it. The member that found out
has owns a photo shop. So that`s some of the fun crazy things that
happened this past week. I love you all very much.

Love

Elder Daniel Gandy

No comments:

Post a Comment