Dear Family,
Things are going well here. I`ve just been enjoying the work and meeting new people each day. My companion has been fun to work with. Well I`m going to be getting a new mission president soon. So this last week I had my last interview with my mission president and his wife and it was amazing. They both shared with me things that they`ve learned and then I received a blessing from him. I just want to share the things they shared with me. My mission president`s wife shared on of her favorite scriptures which is D&C 101:16 which has helped her many times. Sometimes it is just comforting to remember that God is God and that he has everything under control. He can give us that peace. Then my mission president shared a concept about the atonement and said that in some language(I can't remember which) the word to atone means to cover or embrace. So in the scriptures it sometimes meantions about how a hen gathers her chicks under her wings and how through the Savior`s atonement he can cover us, embrace us in his wings if we go to him. It was an amazing interview. I feel like I`ve been learning about growing through trials and how through God we can receive help and grow from the trials we have. In D&C 121:7-8 God talks to Joseph Smith and says that his trials will be but for a small moment and if he endures it well then God will exalt him. If we endure the trials well then we can grow and God can exalt us. I love you all very much.
Love
Elder Daniel Gandy
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment