Elder Gandy's Address in Japan

ELDER DANIEL GANDY
KITA 2 JO NISHI 24 CHOME 1-25
CHUO-KU, SAPPORO-SHI, HOKKAIDO
064-0822 JAPAN



Elder Daniel Gandy

Elder Daniel Gandy

Monday, May 30, 2011

May 30, 2011

Dear Family,

Things are going really well here. I`m still in Asahikawa, but I have a new companion. His name is Elder Kogure and he is from Gunma Japan. He has been way fun to work with and we`ve already had some funny experiences. For example we both found out that we both have trouble talking to girls that are around our age. We don`t know why, but it is. So yesterday while housing my companion knocked on this door and a girl about our age came to the door. So he shared with her the message and did a great job. Afterwards I told him that he did well and he seemed fine, but then he told me, "It took a lot of effort and I think I`m done for the day." I had to laugh, but then we continued having fun housing.
Let`s see if I have any advice for the Estonia trip. I would probably just say enjoy getting to know your relatives and enjoy the scenery. Take pictures and enjoy the big swing things if you get a chance. Enjoy trying new foods and even if you don`t like it the first time you might like it the next time.
Well I`m enjoying doing the work here and yesterday after church they had a single adult family home evening and they wanted me to talk about family. So I did and it went well. I know that this gospel has been a blessing to us and I`m grateful for the influence that you have had on me and who I`ve become. I love you all very much.

Love

Elder Daniel Gandy

No comments:

Post a Comment