Elder Gandy's Address in Japan

ELDER DANIEL GANDY
KITA 2 JO NISHI 24 CHOME 1-25
CHUO-KU, SAPPORO-SHI, HOKKAIDO
064-0822 JAPAN



Elder Daniel Gandy

Elder Daniel Gandy

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Here are some excerpts from the e-mail we received on March 2.

Things having going pretty well. I`m getting use to the culture and learning a lot. I've eaten at 2 members houses and at one of them we ate tacoyaki [fried octopus]. I`ve learned a little bit of cooking from my companion. It`s fun being in my apartment, because our apartment is the only apartment with 4 missionaries and all the others only have 2. The other 2 elders are Japanese and it`s fun trying to speak with them. We do have tatami mates and I love sleeping on futons.

I`ve been getting to know the members better and have gone and done a few lessons with members. It`s been fun riding bikes, especially in Obihiro. Obihiro is a pretty big city. I think there are about 600,000 people that live in Obihiro. I`m really loving this place. I guess I got here right when the snow is beginning to melt. There was still a lot of snow when I got here, but it`s starting to warm up. I love you all and you are in my prayers.

Love,
Elder Daniel Gandy

We also received a brief letter by regular mail giving us his current mailing address which can be found on his facebook site once Alisa updates it. He also let us know that he's enjoying learning how to cook in his apartment and had the opportunity to try "nato." (Nato is fermented soybeans and you have to try it to appreciate what that experience is like.)

No comments:

Post a Comment