Elder Gandy's Address in Japan

ELDER DANIEL GANDY
KITA 2 JO NISHI 24 CHOME 1-25
CHUO-KU, SAPPORO-SHI, HOKKAIDO
064-0822 JAPAN



Elder Daniel Gandy

Elder Daniel Gandy

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Here's Daniel's letter this week. You can tell he is having an amazing, awsome and incredible experience. GG



Things have been amazing here. I bought my bike and it is awesome. My companion is amazing. He`s from Utah also and we have already done a lot. We have already taught a few lessons in my area. Yesterday was a mission conference and Elder Aoyagi of the 70 came. It was incredible. They have a tradition that the new missionaries at mission conference sing As Sisters In Zion in Japanese and then they give gifts. There were only 2 zones there and I was the only one that was a new missionary, so I got to sing by myself. It was interesting, but fun. It was an amazing conference. I`ve taken the train many times since I`ve been here. On the train ride back to my apartment we had reserved seating and I was sitting by this lady named Midori. I had this feeling to just give her a Book Of Mormon, but she was asleep and I didn`t know how, especially with the little Japanese that I know. But I just said excuse me in Japanese and gave her the book. I just told her that I had a feeling to give it to her and she accepted it and said that she would read it. I gave her more information and enough for her to contact us and then just had a friendly conversation in Japanese the rest of the ride. I struggled quite a bit with the Japanese, but she was doing all that she could to help me but she only knew a little bit of English. The people here are very understanding and want to help in any way. After that experience I just had a good feeling inside. I know that I did what God wanted me to do, and he made it possible for me to do it. It seems when I`m thinking about what I need to say then I struggle, but it`s interesting, because when I feel that I need to share my testimony and testify, that during those times I am able to speak without any problems, even if it`s broken up Japanese and I know that the people understand what I say. It`s amazing what God can do with us. With him we can do more than we could ever think possible. I have to go, but I love you all and I`m glad to hear about everything. You are all in my prayers.

Love
Elder Daniel Gandy

No comments:

Post a Comment