Things are going great in Obihiro. Last week on P-day I was on splits with another missionary and we used one of those photo places that you take a picture of you and someone and then draw on it and stuff. I`m not sending a letter home this week, but in the next letter I send I will put one of those stickers on. That was really fun and on the same day we went and sat on the second longest bench in the world. It was pretty long, think its about a 1/4 of a mile. around there. It`s 400 meters long. Yesterday was my first time going to teach English class, because the past couple weeks I was doing other things and I couldn`t do it. English class was fun and I really enjoyed it. I also ate at a members house and it`s interesting, because their daughter was in my zone in the MTC. That was pretty cool and I guess she wrote them that there was an elder famous for his smile. I also received the best comment on my smile that anyone could get. It was pretty awesome. The dinner was really good and I tried scallops for the first time. The Japanese is slowly coming, but its coming. I`m starting to distinguish words and getting the main idea of what is being talked about. We also had an interesting experience with an old man named Takahashi. We stopped to talk with him and we didn`t even get a chance to say anything about the gospel, but he just invited us to come to his house after he mailed something. So we went to his house and he ended up letting me and Elder Todd wear his Wafuku which is what the samurai would wear. That was a pretty cool experience. We talked with him more and learned that he had received a Book of Mormon that had an older translation. Things have been going great here. I love you all and pray for you.
Love,
Elder Daniel Gandy
Monday, March 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment