Elder Gandy's Address in Japan

ELDER DANIEL GANDY
KITA 2 JO NISHI 24 CHOME 1-25
CHUO-KU, SAPPORO-SHI, HOKKAIDO
064-0822 JAPAN



Elder Daniel Gandy

Elder Daniel Gandy

Sunday, March 20, 2011

March 13 and March 20, 2011

March 13, 2011

Dear Mom,

I don`t have much time to email today, but I`ll try and tell you more next week. Yes I`m okay and actually it`s interesting with the earthquake thing. I`m sorry that I don`t have much time today. My zone is doing a P-day activity together. So I`ll tell you more next week.

Love
Elder Daniel Gandy




March 20, 2011

Dear Family,

So I will fill you in on the information about the mission stuff and tell you a funny story. When the earthquake happened we were on our way to visit an investigator and, to be honest, I didn`t feel any of it. I`m in the north part of the city Asahikawa and the missionaries in the south part felt a little bit of the earthquake. So it didn`t really hit my mission too hard. When we got to the investigator`s house they had the t.v. on and were telling us about the earthquake. That night after english class the members filled us in on the information. Basically we weren`t able to call on the cellphone for the rest of the day and a little bit of the next day. So I was completely okay. With the earthquake hitting the Sendai area the place has become a bit dangerous, so they sent all the Sendai missionaries to our mission and we just had a big change in companions in the mission. We had a mission conference on Saturday and my companion and I are still in the same area, but with new companions. Both of our companions are from the Sendai mission. My new companion is Elder Ikeda. He is from Tokyo and he is pretty fluent in english. I`m excited to work with him. My district is a total of 6 missionaries and it`s basically my apartment and the sisters in the Asahikawa city on the south side.

Well it`s been funny with everybody being worried about me when there is no need to worry. Just this morning a member called and told my companion that he is a little worried for me because I`m in an apartment with 2 Japanese missionaries, and needing to speak japanese. It's funny because I`m completely fine with it, but he is planning to take us out for lunch today.

So the funny story of this last week happened last Tuesday before the Sendai missonaries came. We had a ZTM kind of meeting and a doctor and a psychologist and their wives came. They are missionaries that help other missionaries in Japan area and maybe some close by areas. They both did workshops, but during the doctor's presentation I got lightheaded and fainted. I guess I scared everybody and the doctor and everyone surrounded me. So I woke up and they took care of me, but it`s just funny because I fainted on my mission. The psychologist said that I`m a person that hears about these things and start to feel some stuff, well it just basically was the cause of me fainting. So that was the funny story, but things have been going well here and I know the Lord has been watching over me. I love you all very much.

Love

Elder Daniel Gandy

No comments:

Post a Comment