September 19, 2010
Dear Family,
Things have gone very well this week and I truly am loving missionary life. Just to quickly answer the questions mom asked, my companion is from a place called Mieken and that is in Nagoya Mission. He tells me that it is definitely colder here then there. In Tomakomai we do a lot of housing and only streeting while we are traveling to different places. Tomakomai has a city area, but there aren`t many people there. We`ve streeted there a couple times but there really wasn`t enough people to street there. We actually met Serizawa while streeting back to our apartment. Things are going really well here and have been blessed greatly here.
Yesterday we went to Stake Conference with a couple of the members, including Brother Serizawa and it was neat going with them. The Obihiro ward is in the same stake and so I got to see a few of them again. It was fun seeing good friends again. I love this mission and doing the Lord`s work. It`s truly life changing. Yesterday we taught a man that is looking for a job and really on the edge of life. I felt many promptings in the lesson and followed them. Afterwards I felt this amazing peaceful feeling, just from following those prompting. During the lesson the man told us that he felt a peaceful feeling just talking with us. It`s truly amazing how much peace the gospel can bring into our lives and I know that for myself that that is true. I love this mission and the miracles I see each day. I love you all very much.
Love
Elder Daniel Gandy
September 27, 2010
Dear Family,
Things are going great here in Tomakomai. It`s been a pretty crazy week with the weather. Within this last week it went from nice weather that`s kind of warm to freezing cold weather and it being very windy. Today is actually pretty warm, but I`ll how much it changes this next week. Well things this week have been pretty crazy, but I can`t really think of what to exactly type about this past week. I`ve just been learning a lot this past week and I guess that`s why it`s hard to really hard to pick out what to type about this week. I think I`ll answer mom`s questions. I`m not sure right now how I`m going to see general conference, but last time we got dvds of general conference and watched them the next sunday, so that`s my best guess on that. I`ve only heard of one other place in Hokkaido that has a Fuwa Fuwa Dome other than Obihiro. Now I know that they have an Ainu village in Tomakomai or somewhere close, but I haven`t been and it might be too far to go to. I haven`t met an Ainu person yet, but I`ve heard that there are Ainu people here. Well things are going pretty well overall and I`m mainly excited to see what happens next week. I love you all very much.
Love
Elder Gandy
Monday, September 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment