Dear Family,
So first I`ll put my guesses in for Joseph`s mission. I think I said once that he might go to Tokyo, Japan. So if I`m allowed to guess only one for foreign it is Tokyo, but of course I would love to say Sapporo also if I`m allowed. For stateside I would say, Ohio. Those are my guesses for you Joseph and I`m excited to hear where you are going. So to answer some other questions, last week`s experience was on a train. Our transportation is usually either bikes, buses, subways, or trains depending how far we are going. Obihiro is pretty far away from other cities so if we are going to a different area than ours then we take train or bus.
So things are going really well here. I have an amazing companion right now and missionary work has been fun. A neat experience I had this past week was that we had been texting the mom of this family we were going to visit that night and decided to ask here what she wanted to here from us. She was an investigator even when I was last here and she had heard all the lessons, so we decided to ask. She meantioned how her son has some sickness and that she really wants to know what she could do for them. So we thought and didn`t have a thought for a while, but then a scripture came to mind. It was 3 Nephi 18:19-21. So I shared it with her and it talks about praying with your family so that they can be blessed. Then I shared my testimony about it and how grateful I was that our family always prayed together. I even shared are experience of traveling to Navoo and when something happened that kept the cars and us from continuing driving. Then we decided to pray together as a family and were able to continue on with our travels. I think it was on the way to Colorado. But I shared that experience and testified about this scripture. Then the mom decided that she wanted to pray together as a family. It was great and afterwards my companion said to me that they had tried last time to get them to pray together as a family, but didn`t want to. It was neat to see how the scripture touched her heart and that the Spirit was able to testify through the scripture. The scriptures have amazing power. I love you all very much and I`m very grateful for all the amazing experiences that I`ve been able to experience with an incredible family.
Love
Elder Daniel Gandy
Monday, September 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment